Google Pixel 6 is the hottest smartphone release in 2021. There is a lot of news coming out in the upcoming Pixel Flagship. Time will tell if anything we’ve heard or seen is true, Google is sure to make something big in the upcoming Pixel 6.
Google is constantly experimenting with the design of Google Pixel smartphones and expects the same this year. It has also been discovered that the software giant is working on an in-house chipset for the Google Pixel 6. Not to be missed, the Google Pixel 6 has been hinted at to bring an updated camera setup.
Google’s annual developer conference ended a few days ago with no hardware announcements. So it’s easy to speculate that the upcoming Pixel smartphones will be coming out later this year. A couple of speakers hinted about the same during Google IO.
Now that the Pixel 6 release is on-cards, we’ve decided to explain everything we know so far about this smartphone.
Google Pixel 6 specs and features
- The upcoming Pixel 6 has already seen leaks that hint at a significant design change. As if that weren’t enough, FeeMedia has released a new set of new renders in collaboration with Obelix. These renders are similar to the previous Google Pixel 6 renders, which appeared online.
- New leaks say these CAD representations provide a more detailed representation of the Google Pixel 6. As we have seen, the device has a tall camera strip that runs through the width of the smartphone. Also, the device gets a dual-tone finish on the back and no capacitive fingerprint reader. But it can be seen as a front-focused punch-hole display. The bezel has also been significantly reduced, however, there is a significant lower chin.
- A couple of months ago, 9to5 Google discovered some interesting facts about the Pixel 5A and Google Pixel 6. The report indicated that these devices would come with a small punch-hole camera. Furthermore, it says the front camera will be placed in the middle of the display, which is in line with the renders now available.
Feemedia reveals that the Google Pixel 6 features an in-display fingerprint scanner for visualization. There is also evidence of its inclusion in the Android DP2 code, which assumes the feature is coming to Google Pixel 6.
- The same report states that the Pixel 6 will have a 6.4-inch flat display. Furthermore, it measures approximately 158.6mm x 74.8mm x 8.9mm (11.8mm including the rear camera bump). In addition, the device features dual-stereo speakers and a Type-C port. The renders do not display a 3.5mm jack, so it is not likely to be visible on the device.
- We have learned that the display on the Pixel 6 is shipped with the AMOLED display. This is a high refresh-rate display as seen on most high-end Android smartphones. For your information, the Pixel 5 has a 90Hz display, so Google may want to switch to a higher 120Hz display to keep up with current trends.
- Another big change for the Pixel 6 is the addition of an in-house chipset. Google has received enough flak in the past to transmit the average hardware of its devices. We think this chipset is the desired hardware change that Pixel smartphones have been yearning for.
- Reports indicate that Samsung is developing the codename Whitechapel. In addition, the chipset is referred to as ‘GS 101’, an acronym for GS “Google Silicon”. We learned that this is an octa-core ARM CPU with two Cortex-A78 and two Cortex-A76 and four Cortex-A55 cores. It will be paired with the ARM Mali GPU and manufactured during Samsung’s 5nm production process.
- Now, Google Pixel 6, is coming to the most famous feature in cameras. Courtesy of the latest leaks, we know that the upcoming Google Pixel smartphone will have a dual-camera setup on the back and an additional third sensor next to the LED flash. While we don’t have the specs of the camera setup, we can assume that the Pixel smartphones are far behind the camera hardware update that gets upgraded sensors.
- Beyond this, Google has revealed that it is also working to improve computational software that powers its cameras. The brand showed how it collaborates with image experts to bring out the best results while capturing images of people with different skin tones. We believe this is only a small part of the software change we have learned, and the Google Pixel 6 is enough to see a lot of improvements that make its camera stand out.
- Finally, the Google Pixel 6 is expected to be the B simple and yes, the big Android 12 is also coming.
Google Pixel 6 launch date
Google announces its flagship Pixel devices at a September event that takes place every year. The current Pixel 5 came out on September 30 last year, so we’re expecting the Pixel 6 to arrive at the same time this year
Also, smartphones are not likely to be released in India. As previously mentioned by Google, the Pixel 5A is only available in the US and Japan. Now that the mid-range Pixel is not coming to India, there is no chance of the arrival of the Google Pixel 6. With this being said, these are just the early days, so nothing can be said for sure.
Google Pixel 6 India Price
Currently, there is no information on the Google Pixel 6’s price. However, keeping in view the expected changes, the smartphone is priced at Rs 55000 in India.